Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cold Dead Hands-Original Song by Jennifer Lawson & Bo Dottley

Hat Tip PartyJL, @JenLawsonMusic

Lyrics:
Simple man, simple ways, blue collar, American made
Fear the Lord and love my family
You better not tread on me cause in the name of Liberty
You know I'm gonna fight til the bitter end

Like a mighty oak I'm gonna stand my ground
You can bet your butt I'll never lay these pistols down

Cause this fight ain't just about freedom, it goes a lot deeper than that
It's about the blood our brothers shed so you can have a place to hang your hat
And if you try and take em you'll cross that line I've drawn in the sand
You can have my guns when you pry em from my cold dead hands.

Just a worn out Sweet 16, it's loaded up with memories
One of these days I'm gonna pass it on
Handed down with pride you see it's my grand daddy's legacy
Ain't a man alive gonna take it away

If he were here today let me tell you son
He'd walk through hell before you ever took his guns
CHORUS
Now I lay me down to sleep, 12 gauge by the door I keep
It's there to protect my family
Just remember it's our right to keep and bear so we can fight
Against the thugs and government tyranny

And as long as Uncle Sam stands his ground,
You can bet your butt we'll never lay these pistols down
REPEAT CHORUS